Check out this great opportunity offered by the Stark County Treasurer’s Office:
For full details, visit: https://www.starkcountyohio.gov/treasurer/departments/fix-it-funds-program
The Fix-It Funds Home Improvement Loan Program enables eligible Stark County homeowners to repair or remodel their homes at interest rates up to 2% below the bank’s current interest rate. The Program is offered by Treasurer Alexander A. Zumbar with the authorization of the Stark County Commissioners.
Requirements are as follows:
- All owner-occupied single-family and multi-family dwellings with a home value (not including land) of $250,000* or less are eligible.
- Loans may be used for repairs, remodeling, property upgrades and code compliance with few restrictions. These may include: painting, wallpapering, lighting, flooring, plumbing, carpeting, furnaces, air conditioners, additions, decks, window and door replacements, roofing, siding, gutters, driveways and sidewalks. Such “luxury” improvements as swimming pools, satellite dishes and hot tubs are ineligible.
- Loans can range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $50,000.
- No maximum limit on borrower’s income.
- Real estate tax payments must be current on all Parcels owned by the taxpayer.
- Funds are available on a first come, first served basis with Westfield Bank, First Commonwealth Bank or Farmer’s National Bank.