The Village of Magnolia is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Fiscal Officer.
Duties (as outlined in ORC 733.27 and ORC 733.44) include but are not limited to:
- Attending all Village Council Meetings in order to record the minutes and votes
- Handle the day to day financial needs of the Village, such as:
- Issuing payroll to employees
- Accounts receivable and payables
- Preparing financial statements
- Tax reporting
- Determining appropriations and budgets in conjunction with the Finance Committee
- Preparing for and working with third party auditors as required
- Filing tax levy ordinances and relevant documents
- Coordinating park / pavillion rentals
- Communicating with Village residents, including writing notices and letters
- Publishing needed notices with the local newspaper
- Other administrative duties as needed
Qualified applications should have knowledge of or a background in accounting or finance. Additional knowledge of government proceedings and regulations is helpful but not required. All applicants will be subject to a background check and must pass a pre-employment drug test. This position is part-time; salary is $1,200 per month.
The selected applicant must attend in-person training for the municipal accounting software (Uniform Accounting Network; UAN) in Columbus. Additional continuing education is also required.
Interested candidates should submit a completed application (available below, or in person at the Magnolia Police Department) along with a resume, cover letter, and professional references by Monday, January 20th at 4pm via:
- Village of Magnolia P.O. Box 297 Magnolia, OH 44643
- In person at the Magnolia Police Department during regular business hours at 328 North Main Street
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com or leave a message at 330.866.2620.